Saturday, December 01, 2012
Grilled Chicken Salad
4 boneless skinless chicken breast.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 cloves minced garlic
Salt & fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
250 g white mushrooms,Sliced.
1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped.
1cup cherry tomatoes, halved.
2 medium Lebanese cucumbers, chopped.
1 green bell pepper, chopped.
1 cup black olives.
1 cup green olives.
1/2 cup cheddar cheese,cut into chunks or shredded.
1 cup Yellow Sweet Corn Kernels, cooked.
1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
1/8-1/4 fresh lemon juice.
1 Tablespoon Tahini.
3 Tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
Salt (to taste)
1) First butterfly chicken breast, then cut it in half, pour marinade over chicken in pan, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or if you like over night.
2) Sauté mushrooms: Heat a sauce pan over medium heat, add a small amount of oil then add mushrooms & cook until the mushrooms are browned all over,season with salt and pepper ( Cool slightly).
3) Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl. Cover, refrigerate until serving.
4) Grill chicken for 4-7 minutes per side or until chicken cooked through,Cool chicken slightly before slicing.
5) Add chicken and sautéed mushrooms to salad mixture.
6) Drizzle with dressing before serving.