- 350 g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, (approx. 3 chicken breasts), cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
For the marinade
- 200 ml buttermilk
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 75 g dry breadcrumbs or honey panko breadcrumbs
- 45 g freshly grated parmesan
- salt and pepper, to season
Method1. Combine the marinade ingredients and soak the chicken pieces for 2 hours.
2. Put the flour on a large plate. Beat the egg with the water and season with salt and pepper. Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan on a large plate. Remove chicken cubes from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and toss them in the flour. Then dip the cubes in the egg mixture and roll in the breadcrumbs
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the chicken nuggets for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through, turning occasionally. Alternatively, pre-heat oven to 200C/gas 6. Put the chicken nuggets on a generously oiled large baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes until the coating is crisp and the chicken cooked.