1kg Lamb cut into small pieces 1 tsp crushed Jeeru
1 tbls Oil 1 tsp red chilli powder, fine
1 tblsp freshly grated garlic 1 tsp crushed chillies
1 tblsp freshly grated ginger 2 tsps crushed coriander seeds
2/3 green chillies sliced ½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt or to taste 2 medium onion chopped
4/5 tblsps ghee 1 tblsp tomato paste/puree
Coriander leaves, spring onion to garnish A few cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon sticks
1. Marinate the lamb with oil, garlic, ginger, green chillies and salt for about two hours.
2. Sauté onions, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and cumin seeds in ghee until brown.
3. Stir in chillie powder, crushed chillies, coriander seeds and turmeric and braise for 1 minute.
4. Add meat and braise well, lower the heat and cook till the meat is tender.
5. stir in tomatoes and tomato paste/puree. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Adjust salt to taste.
7. Garnish and serve with rice or Butter Naan
Source: Radio Islam