Monday, November 12, 2012
Tuna Pasta Bake
4 spring onions or 1 small onion, finely chopped .
2 x 185g tins Tuna
125g each frozen peas and sweetcorn
25g plain flour
125g cheese, grated
1 tsp mustard
A squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. In a frying pan stir fry the onions for 1-2 minutes in a little oil. Drain the tuna well, and flake into a bowl.
2. Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water for about 15 minutes or until just cooked. Add the frozen peas to the pan 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
3. To make the sauce, place milk, flour and butter in a small saucepan and whisk continuously over medium heat until the sauce begins to boil and thicken.
4. Turn down the heat to its lowest and let the sauce cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the grated cheese and mustard, keeping a little cheese back for the topping. Season with a little lemon juice.
6. Mix the pasta with the peas, spring onion, tuna and cheese sauce and pour into a lightly oiled ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in a preheated oven until golden on top, about 25 minutes.