3-5 medium eggplants (3 lbs)
5 table spoons Tahini paste
Juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 table spoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Roast the eggplants in the oven on medium heat, or on a BBQ grill for about 30 minutes.
- While eggplants are still hot (not too hot so you don’t burn your hands), peel them and discard as much as possible of their seeds.
- Strain the water from the eggplants by placing them on a colander for about 10 minutes. This step is important so you don’t get a liquid Baba Ghannouj.
- Add eggplants and all ingredients in a food processor and let run for 2-3 minutes until you get a paste.
- Place Baba Ghanouj paste into a serving plate, garnish with any/all of the following: olive oil, chopped parsley, sumac spice or chili powder, salted pickles…etc
- Serve cold as an appetizer, with a side of Pita bread.