Ingredients:350g Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
2 tablespoon corn flour
1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs
Oil for deep frying
Water as needed
Method:1. Cut the paneer (cottage cheese) in square or rectangle pieces.
2. Take corn flour and gram flour in a mixing bowl. Add salt and crushed black pepper. Add water and mix well. Make the batter, not too thick or thinner.
3. Take the breadcrumbs in a plate, so it will be easier to coat the paneer pieces.
4. Dip the paneer pieces into the flour mix.
5. Now roll in breadcrumbs roughly to coat.
6. Dip again in flour mix and roll in breadcrumbs properly this time to coat them. Make sure the paneer poppers pieces are coated well with the breadcrumbs.
7. Heat the oil in a pan. Once the oil heated, deep fry paneer poppers until they are brown on medium heat to avoid burning outer layer.
8. Drain the paneer poppers on kitchen paper.
Serve paneer poppers hot or warm with any chutney or dip.
You can use beaten egg with 1 tablespoon water to dip. Now coat each paneer piece in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture and finally in the bread crumbs. Make sure all layers are coated properly (specially the bread crumbs). Repeat this process for double coating for paneer poppers.