2 ½ cups flour
1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cups oil
2 cups grated carrots
½ cup chopped pecans
2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon powder
1 ½ cups sugar
250g tinned pineapple drained
½ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line large ring pan.
- Beat sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Add carrots, nuts, pineapples and sultanas. Mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually add this flour mixture.
- Batter will be thin. Pour into a prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes. Turn out and cool.
- Ice with whipped cream and decorate with chopped nuts