1 cup of long grain rice
1 cup of frozen peas
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 small red pepper , chopped
2 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
2 large eggs
1 heaped tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Fill a saucepan with water, bring to the boil and tip in a heaped teaspoon of salt - the water will bubble furiously. Pour in the rice, stir once and return to the boil, then turn the heat down a little so that the water is boiling steadily, but not vigorously.
- Boil uncovered, without stirring (this makes for sticky rice) for 10 minutes. After 8 minutes, throw in the frozen peas, boil for 2 minutes and drain (don't rinse).
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok and stir fry the red pepper and the garlic cloves for 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, pour into the pan and stir fry until the egg just sets. Toss in the Chinese 5-spice.
- Serve the rice and the egg together after mixing in well.